True, true… but we just came back from watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which we enjoyed the hell out of, and decided that rather than just sit in a bar and talk about it, we’d dust off the old microphones and mixer and do it for public consumption. Hell, we liked podcasting… but what we never liked was recording one, then listening to it and taking notes on what editing and post-production we wanted, then taking another two hours and actually, you know, doing those edits and post-production, before finally uploading the damned thing.
So we tried something a little different today: we just sat down, shot the s**t about the movie for about half an hour, slapped the intro and bed music onto it, and uploaded it. This is live to tape, boys and girls; as you hear it is how we said it, awkward pauses, “um”s, and everything. But since that “everything” also includes fisting jokes, we hope it evens out.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier in general
- Black Widow, and how this is the first time it feels like she’s a character who could carry her own movie
- Deviations between the movie and Ed Brubaker’s original comic
- What effect this might have on ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- The post-credits sequences
- How the lack of laughter over a tombstone makes me weep for the state of movie-goers in general
And a bunch of other stuff we can’t remember because yeah: live to tape.
Here’s the usual disclaimer: this podcast is not safe for work. Further, we spoil a bunch of stuff from the movie, so if you haven’t seen it and want to remain pristine, give this a pass for now… but feel free to come back after you’ve seen it!
Enjoy the show, suckers!