With the cancellation of Vortexx on the CW network, this is the first weekend that has had no Saturday morning cartoons on a major television network. And given that seeing superheroes on TV was a large part of what got Amanda and I into comics in the 1970s, we spend some time reminiscing about our favorite cartoons (as well as live action superheroics like The Adventures of Superman and Shazam!), and digging into how modern kids might find comic books. You know, other than billion-dollar Marvel Studios movies.
It is also a week where several comic characters have new faces behind classic costumes. So we talk about them all:
- Lobo #1, written by Cullen Bunn with pencils by Reilly Brown,
- Captain America #25, written by Rick Remender with art by Carlos Pacheco and Stuart Immonen, and
- Thor #1, written by Jason Aaron with art by Russell Dautermann!
And now the legalese:
- We record this episode live to tape. While this might mean a looser show than other comics podcasts, it also means that anything can happen. Like learning about a child named Vlad who apparently lives under the bed.
- We spoil a lot of stuff on this show. While we try to shout out warnings ahead of time, consider yourself warned.
- We use adult, profane language, and therefore this show is not safe for work. If you don’t have any headphones, ask Lobo. Based on what happened to him in this week’s issue, he’s not using them.
Enjoy the show, suckers!