There are two types of people in this world: superhero comic fans who love Miracleman by Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman, and superhero comic fans who haven’t read all of it yet. Rob is in column A, and Amanda is in column B. Which means that they had very different reactions upon hearing that Marvel has announced that they will be publishing a Miracleman annual, with stories by Grant Morrison and Peter Milligan. This announcement begs the question: should new creators be allowed to jump into a story like Miracleman, which is a combined yet singular vision between two epic creators? And being two different types of people, Amanda and Rob have differing views on the announcement.
But there is more to comics than a couple of new short stories tacked onto a 30-year-old narrative. So Amanda and Rob also discuss:
- The Death of Wolverine #1, written by Charles Soule with pencils by Steve McNiven,
- Original Sin #8, written by Jason Aaron with art by Mike Deodato and
- Big Trouble In Little China #4, written by Eric Powell and drawn by Brian Churilla!
And now the legalese:
- We record this show live to tape. While this might mean a slightly looser show than your normal comics podcast, it also means that anything can happen.
- This show contains spoilers. While we try to throw out a verbal warning before we cut loose, consider this fair warning.
- Amanda and Rob use adult, explicit language, and therefore this show is not safe for work. The janitors portrayed in Miracleman had Walkman headphones for work, and that was 1984. What’s your excuse?
Enjoy the show, suckers!