Sometimes, the best laid plans to watch thirteen episodes of Iron Fist on Netflix and talk about them on the Internet go wrong, particularly when one of your hosts is on call for work all weekend, and when neither of your hosts are particularly engaged by Kung-Fu stories.
However, this week gave us the releases of two comics-related movies: Justice League and Spider-Man: Homecoming, with two very different strategies. One sketched out the general plot of its movie so completely, you almost don’t need to see the movie, while the other spent three minutes trying to convince us that Aquaman is somehow more compelling as a mouthy drunk. So we talk briefly about the trailers, which worked better for us, and how we desperately hope that Zack Snyder has a win in him.
We also discuss:
- Iron Fist #1, written by Ed Brisson with art by Mike Perkins,
- Suicide Squad #14, written by Rob WIlliams with art by John Romita Jr. and Eddy Barrows, and:
- Action Comics #976, written by Dan Jurgens with art by Mike Perkins!
And, the disclaimers:
- Because of time constraints, this episode was recorded live to tape.
- This show contains spoilers. If you don’t want to know how Action Comics #976 ends, congratulations! We both like the original Watchmen!
- This show contains adult, profane language, and is therefore not safe for work. If you don’t want your mom to overhead why we think Mr. Mxyzptlk would ask Dr. Manhattan, “Why so blue?” get yourself some headphones.
Thanks for listening, suckers!